Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime not working while on CarPlay after 13.1 update

Why doesn’t my FaceTime work anymore while connected to CarPlay? And please don’t start posting about video chatting and driving. I have a stand I put it on securely or I put it by my speedometer. How dare Apple override a feature like this. This needs to be addressed. Some people have long commutes and wait in traffic. There’s nothing wrong with Facetiming a loved one or friend. The whole iOS 13 update is terrible to begin with but let’s just stick to FaceTime no longer working. My screen goes black and my video is paused. It’s going to cause more of a problem trying to unplug the cord, change the audio source, and refresh the call rather than just letting me FaceTime as normal.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 9:17 PM

FYI: These are user-only forums. You are not speaking to Apple. if you need to speak with Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Axel F.

3 replies

Feb 28, 2020 7:30 AM in response to ianweir07

Despite my massive personal objections to this and I hope they did away with this "feature":

Start the call, then plug in the phone.

Please don't run anyone over. Don't make anyone else pay for this "Luxury" you shouldn't have.

FaceTime not working while on CarPlay after 13.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.