Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime never works...

I'm ready to throw all my apple products out the window...I switched to mac mostly for facetime calls to family, and it never works. WiFi is 300mbps, all other video applications work just fine with no interference...but anytime I facetime I lose video and experience "connection problems". Seems to happen on wifi more than cellular...and doesn't matter if its an iphone 12 or macbook pro M1.

If anyone knows of a fix...or Apple, what the heck is going on...I'd appreciate it...

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 12:33 PM

Hello there shatchp,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

We understand you're having some FaceTime call connection issues. From what you described, how often does this seem to happen? Does this happen with more than one contact? If so, how many different contacts have you tested with so far?

Also, be sure you're not using any kind of VPN connection, and when it does happen, try switching to a different network as well. Otherwise, check out the rest of these steps and contact Apple Support if you still have any issues.

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 12:33 PM in response to shatchp

Hello there shatchp,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

We understand you're having some FaceTime call connection issues. From what you described, how often does this seem to happen? Does this happen with more than one contact? If so, how many different contacts have you tested with so far?

Also, be sure you're not using any kind of VPN connection, and when it does happen, try switching to a different network as well. Otherwise, check out the rest of these steps and contact Apple Support if you still have any issues.

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

Mar 9, 2022 9:39 PM in response to barberlives123

Hi, thanks...yeah, I've read virtually everything online...I'm in a call tonight, the other person cannot see me...I can see and hear them perfectly. My image freezes, then the triangle "video not available" pops up...I'm getting 300 mbps down and 30 up, streaming video works fine. cellular internet works...high speed internet often does not. No VPN...it happens with multiple contacts...I've tested this with 3 people. Sometimes it helps to reset my modem...makes me wonder if there's some kind of caching or latency issue...any experience with this?

Thanks,

Sam

FaceTime never works...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.