Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning to HDMI adapter stopped working after last update

Is there anything else I can do or try before I attempt a hard reset?

first my iPad stoped recognizing I was plugged in. Then a few days later my Iphone stoped mirroring as well, after using without issues the same adaption and same HDMI cable.

I've tried different cables, numerous shutdowns, 2 different brand TVs and my projector nothing? Strangely, when I plug in the adaptor while my projector is in sleep mode The projector awakens?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 28, 2020 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 1:12 AM

Hey Brenda thanks for your response I've pretty much tried all the changing devices changing parts changing cables as you can see in the attached photo I'm using the same cable and it's just not working with the Apple devices both my iPad iPhone. This is the 2nd $65 adaptor purchased that stoped working. Ive plead the case personally to my phone service provider V Who stated there's nothing they can do and didn't have television or monitor with HDMI port to even test it for me help confirm if its software/hardware. Went to

retailer T where adaptors were purchased as they sell TVs also.

They refused my request to test. I tasked the Mgr if I purchase another new adaptor, May I test it before I leave the store I was refused again and offered the same 30 day warranty again. I explained that I'm disabled I live in a rule area we have no Internet other than my okNon weed cv wifi so this is my television here this is my Internet this is my phone.

and today I was out looking for free Wi-Fi so I can do a backup prior to hard reset. which probably won't fix the problem either and I only lasted two of the five hours needed for the back up so I'm still stuck

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2020 1:12 AM in response to brenden dv

Hey Brenda thanks for your response I've pretty much tried all the changing devices changing parts changing cables as you can see in the attached photo I'm using the same cable and it's just not working with the Apple devices both my iPad iPhone. This is the 2nd $65 adaptor purchased that stoped working. Ive plead the case personally to my phone service provider V Who stated there's nothing they can do and didn't have television or monitor with HDMI port to even test it for me help confirm if its software/hardware. Went to

retailer T where adaptors were purchased as they sell TVs also.

They refused my request to test. I tasked the Mgr if I purchase another new adaptor, May I test it before I leave the store I was refused again and offered the same 30 day warranty again. I explained that I'm disabled I live in a rule area we have no Internet other than my okNon weed cv wifi so this is my television here this is my Internet this is my phone.

and today I was out looking for free Wi-Fi so I can do a backup prior to hard reset. which probably won't fix the problem either and I only lasted two of the five hours needed for the back up so I'm still stuck

Mar 1, 2020 11:33 AM in response to TruNiners

Greetings, TruNiners!

It sounds like you're having an issue with an adapter cable not working properly when plugged into your iPad and iPhone. Check out this article About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Specifically:

"Get help

Find out what to do when you have the following issues.

If you see video but can't hear audio

Make sure that you're using a Digital AV adapter (which has an HDMI port). If you're using a VGA adapter, it doesn't carry audio signals. To hear audio with a VGA adapter, you need to connect to the headset jack on your TV, monitor, projector, or stereo.

If an app doesn't display video or play audio

The app might not be compatible with your adapter. Check compatibility on the app's info page in the App Store or contact the developer.

If an alert says that an HDCP-compatible device is required

Your content might not be compatible with your adapter. Movies, TV shows, and certain streaming video apps require High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). If you try to play these movies, shows, and streaming videos using a non-HDCP digital connection—like the Apple VGA Adapter—an alert will ask for an HDCP-compatible device.

If you need help with other issues

1. Disconnect and reconnect your adapter from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and from your TV, monitor, or projector.
  2. Make sure that your VGA or HDMI cable works, since the issue could be with the cable.
  3. Remove any VGA or HDMI extension cables or converters. Accessories that convert a VGA or HDMI signals to different video formats (DVI, Composite, Component) aren't compatible.
  4. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.

For more help, contact Apple Support, to set up service for your:

Let me know the results and take care!

Lightning to HDMI adapter stopped working after last update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.