Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning to HDMI Adapter

I updated my IPhone 13 to iOS 16.1.1 and now my lightning to HDMI adapter that I use to watch movies on my tv, from my phone, isn’t working. I do see that users have had this issue in the past, and it seems that backing up phone to the cloud, then back to factory setting, has worked for most people. Is this still the best option for this issue? Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 9:10 PM

Ugh, that was my fear, after all else had failed. Can’t believe they call it “pirating!” I pay for Netflix, Prime & Hulu! Very frustrating. Perhaps it’s time for me to ditch all Apple products…..🤬😤

10 replies

Nov 27, 2022 2:15 PM in response to WYPTT1

Hello WYPTT1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to resolve the issue so you can watch movies via the adapter and your iPhone again.

Let's make sure you're using these steps to connect to your TV:

"Connect iPhone to a display with a cable

With the appropriate cable or adapter, you can connect your iPhone to a secondary display, like a computer monitor, TV, or projector.

1. Plug a Lightning Digital AV Adapter or Lightning to VGA Adapter into the charging port on the bottom of iPhone.
  2. Connect an HDMI or VGA cable to the adapter.
  3. Connect the other end of the HDMI or VGA cable to the monitor, TV, or projector.
  4. If necessary, switch to the correct video source on the monitor, TV, or projector. If you need help, use the display’s manual."

Make sure the TV is set to the correct input as well. Test with another adapter if needed and restart all devices.

We hope this helps isolate and resolve the issue so you can connect your TV and iPhone without issue again.

Cheers!

Nov 27, 2022 3:46 PM in response to justin_900

Thank you for responding. The adapter I’m using is the same adapter I have successfully used for years, for Netflix, Prime, Paramount, until I did the IOS 16.1.1 update. We get a picture, sometimes some sound, but the movies won’t play on tv. I reset my phone to factory setting and set it back up, and it still isn’t working. I have ordered a new HDMI to lightning adapter, so possibly that’s the issue. It’s not arriving until the end of the wk so I’ll follow up with you, either way. Thanks again for responding!

Nov 30, 2022 7:00 AM in response to JohnnyMarh

Very frustrating! We live off grid and use the hotspot on our phone to watch movies and shows. We’ve found that we can download movies to our phone when at a place with Wi-Fi, then use the cable to watch on our tv. Hopefully the next update will fix the issue so downloading isn’t necessary. Pleeeeeease Apple, fix this bug!!!

Lightning to HDMI Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.