Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AV adapter isn't working since updating iPhone to iOS 16

I just downloaded ios 16, and now the adapter for my iPhone to tv isn't working. The HDMI works fine between computer and tv, so I know it's the adapter. Do you have any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 4:09 PM

I agree, it's IOS 16. Will apple fix this update?

3 replies

Oct 6, 2022 9:42 AM in response to rexysandin

Hi rexysandin,

You've done some good troubleshooting already! If you are still having trouble with an accessory on your iPhone, we'd like to have you try the steps listed in the resource below that can help with isolating this issue a little further

If you see an ‘Accessory may not be supported’ alert:

"1. Update to the latest version of iOS

Some accessories might require the latest version of iOS. Make sure that you update to the latest version of iOS.

2. Make sure the accessory is compatible

If this is the first time that you tried to use the accessory, make sure that it works with your device. Some accessories only work with certain models of iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you aren’t sure, contact the manufacturer.

3. Check the connections

Disconnect and reconnect the accessory to see if the alert goes away. If it continues to appear, check the connectors on the accessory and your device for damage or debris. If necessary, gently remove the debris and clean the connectors on your device.

If you see this alert and don’t have any accessories connected, contact Apple Support."

Take care.

AV adapter isn't working since updating iPhone to iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.