Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mails from "WEB.DE Mailer Demon"

Receive a daily mail from "WEB.DE Mailer Demon". I didn't sent any mails that weren't answered. Header seems strange to me: Simply the quoted words, no mail address. Text in French or English (normally I use Duch). Different topics. Do these mails really com from Mailer-Daemon (usually written with hyphen, and followed by e-mail address)? Strange is they invite me to click on a link which is partly my own address. Tx.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 28, 2020 4:36 AM

11 replies

Feb 29, 2020 12:31 AM in response to Fredien

Hallo Fred,

It is just a spam message.

Do not try to react.

Now do this:

Shutdown Safari,

Open Safari while holding the Shift key, the spam massage will not be there;

Now open Safari History, Clear history, all history;

Open Safari->Preferences->Advanced, check the "show the develop menu...";

now in Safari->Develop->Empty caches.

Now all Safari caches are cleared and the popup message is gone.

Feb 29, 2020 12:32 AM in response to Lexiepex

Lexipex: This isn’t Safari involved, this is a bounce message from a mailing list list server.

The bounce might be caused by spam being sent out in the list, or itself spoofed.

But it’s quite rare to see a daily spam like this.

There’s quite possibly something here precipitating this.

Which may be made clear by that text attachment.

Feb 29, 2020 12:54 AM in response to Lexiepex

Lexiepex wrote:

Ah yes,
block the message in Mail then, with Rules.

Which’ll work. But this could be a legitimate outbound message from this user or from an associated mailing list is bouncing back. Which would imply a legitimate message is not reaching its intended recipient. Which might be good to know. Though sure, just blocking the bounce will work. But what’s in that attached text file would be interesting; whether that’s a legitimate message, or spam, or otherwise?

Feb 29, 2020 5:18 AM in response to Lexiepex

Hi, MrHoffman and Lexiplex. Thx for your replies. Me too, I suppose it's bounce mail, but it seems a bit strange to me because it looks like - but isn't quite the same - as other Mailer-Demon messages. So I shan't open anything in these mails. The few people I usually mail with haven't had any troubles receiving/reading my mails. Today I didn' get any. So I'll wait a bit and see. Once again Thx.

Feb 29, 2020 5:19 AM in response to MrHoffman

Hi, MrHoffman and Lexiplex. Thx for your replies. Me too, I suppose it's bounce mail, but it seems a bit strange to me because it looks like - but isn't quite the same - as other Mailer-Demon messages. So I shan't open anything in these mails. The few people I usually mail with haven't had any troubles receiving/reading my mails. Today I didn' get any. So I'll wait a bit and see. Once again Thx.

Feb 29, 2020 5:28 AM in response to a brody

Thanks, a brody. "De" is quite normal here as is the French text. I live in the Duch speaking part of Belgium in what is called the "Europe-triangle": behind the baker's shop our street is no longer in Belgium but in the Netherlands (Maastricht). Over the bridge at the other end of the village we come into the French speaking part of Belgium. And 30 km from here we are in Germany (Aachen).

Mails from "WEB.DE Mailer Demon"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.