Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My facetime photos are not saving on iOS 13.3.1 and my FaceTime Live Photos are on. Any solutions?

My FaceTime live photos are not saving on iOS 13.3.1 and my FaceTime Live Photos are on. Any solutions?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 29, 2020 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 1:46 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities jgreenfield18,

I see that you're having an issue with FaceTime Live photos not saving to your Camera roll. I can understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

First, let's have you force close FaceTime and then restart your device. Once the device has finished restarting, test to see if the issue remains.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Also, take a look at the article below for some help with FaceTime.

Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue remains, respond back with some more details. Have you been able to save the photos before? Is this only happening with a specific contact? Are you getting an error message after taking the photo?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2020 1:46 PM in response to jgreenfield18

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities jgreenfield18,

I see that you're having an issue with FaceTime Live photos not saving to your Camera roll. I can understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

First, let's have you force close FaceTime and then restart your device. Once the device has finished restarting, test to see if the issue remains.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Also, take a look at the article below for some help with FaceTime.

Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue remains, respond back with some more details. Have you been able to save the photos before? Is this only happening with a specific contact? Are you getting an error message after taking the photo?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

May 12, 2020 6:10 PM in response to mckenah101

I have the same issue and my iPhone is up to date. So is my Mac and iPad. The FaceTime live photos do not appear on any of my devices. The last one taken and saved on 5/3/2020. None have saved since. I'm up to date. I've restarted, turned FaceTime on off, and the problem persists. Everything was fine until a week ago. HELP!!!

My facetime photos are not saving on iOS 13.3.1 and my FaceTime Live Photos are on. Any solutions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.