Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the Catalina 10.15.3 update download extremely slow?

Why is the Catalina 10.15.3 update download extremely slow? It starts out at 11MB/sec and then slows to 60KB. I cancel it and restart and the same thing happens. I’ve made attempts at different times for multiple days with the same results. I’ve never had an update be this slow. It’s ridiculous. I downloaded a 2.5GB game and it took 5 mins. So why is the update so slow no matter what time of the day I try? I’ve come to expect better of Apple, but this is very frustrating. I hope the quality we’ve come to appreciate continues, because this kind of service is not worthy.

Posted on Feb 29, 2020 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 29, 2020 7:58 AM

Try it from this link, it uses a different server:

Download macOS Catalina 10.15.3 Update

5 replies

Mar 31, 2020 5:22 AM in response to Bc1935sept

When I started this thread I was asking about the slow download speed from Apple. As to your issue of a computer running slower after you’ve updated. I wouldn’t know. Maybe, it’s the age of the laptop, processor speed, video ram, or amount the of ram you have installed?

To return to Mojave you’d need to use a backup of your computer before the Catalina update. With a Mojave time machine backup drive you can wipe your HD and reinstall Mojave with it by using disk utility after booting from the backup. Without that, as far as I know it gets more difficult to go backward. Then you’d need a Mojave usb install drive, and a time machine backup of your current computer config to transfer everything back. It’s always a good idea to make a backup first before updating. That way you can easily go back to the previous MacOS without much hassle. Other than erasing the HD and reinstalling.

Why is the Catalina 10.15.3 update download extremely slow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.