Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWorks update just spins

I recently upgraded to Catalina. I'm wondering if that's the problem since I've never had this happen to me before. The App Store said there were four updates but when it tried to do that it just spins. I tried Update All and individual Update but nothing works. Does anyone know if there's a solution for this that I can look up?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 6:16 AM

Are you signed into the Mac App Store with the same Apple ID as used previously before the Catalina upgrade? If true, then I would reboot, wait ten minutes for the initial system processes (including software update) to quiet down, and then revisit the Mac App Store and try to install your pending updates again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 6:16 AM in response to smrat

Are you signed into the Mac App Store with the same Apple ID as used previously before the Catalina upgrade? If true, then I would reboot, wait ten minutes for the initial system processes (including software update) to quiet down, and then revisit the Mac App Store and try to install your pending updates again.

Oct 11, 2020 6:01 AM in response to smrat

Greetings smrat!

We see you are having some trouble with getting iWorks apps updated via the App Store. We want to make sure you have access to all the latest features included in those updates and are here to help! Try following the steps listed in this article first: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device.

Have a great rest of your day!

iWorks update just spins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.