Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reinstall macOS Recovery on 2007 iMac

I accidentally deleted the partition for OS X Utilities on my 2007 iMac. I’m not able to make a bootable USB for the iMac, and I need a way to reinstall OS X Utilities on the Mac. No internet recovery either.

Posted on Feb 29, 2020 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 29, 2020 10:17 PM

If there is a Recovery Partition on the 2007, then you boot to it by holding down Command + R and install Mac OS from there. If the computer will not boot from Command + R then you need the physical media which is either the original DVDs that shipped with it or you have to buy a Snow Leopard DVD from E-Bay. A 2007 will not support Internet Recovery as that did not become available on iMacs until 2012.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 29, 2020 10:17 PM in response to Chace_Pratt109

If there is a Recovery Partition on the 2007, then you boot to it by holding down Command + R and install Mac OS from there. If the computer will not boot from Command + R then you need the physical media which is either the original DVDs that shipped with it or you have to buy a Snow Leopard DVD from E-Bay. A 2007 will not support Internet Recovery as that did not become available on iMacs until 2012.

How to reinstall macOS Recovery on 2007 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.