Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone double notification for Facebook messages

I recently switched to the iphone 11. Now whenever I get a message, I get a facebook alert saying *** messaged you plus a facebook messenger notification with the message. Is there a way to turn off the facebook notifications saying someone messaged you?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 2:17 PM

Officially fixed the problem. I got the iPhone 11 Pro and noticed this immediately and boy was it annoying. You DO NOT want to follow the above GIF because that will just make it so you do not receive notifications at all. I fixed it by uninstalling messenger and reinstalling it. As soon as I did that it stopped sending the notification from Facebook and Messenger and now only receive messages from messenger. When you delete and reinstall you won’t lose anything either, it all comes back when you log back in. (I used to work for AppleCare ps)

30 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 2:17 PM in response to al_20

Officially fixed the problem. I got the iPhone 11 Pro and noticed this immediately and boy was it annoying. You DO NOT want to follow the above GIF because that will just make it so you do not receive notifications at all. I fixed it by uninstalling messenger and reinstalling it. As soon as I did that it stopped sending the notification from Facebook and Messenger and now only receive messages from messenger. When you delete and reinstall you won’t lose anything either, it all comes back when you log back in. (I used to work for AppleCare ps)

Jul 23, 2020 8:06 AM in response to al_20

same is happening to me but deleting and reinstalling didn't work.

I use the Facebook Pages app to manage pages, I'm getting double notifications. and it's rather annoying.

Now they have merged the pages messages to the messenger app... which does not send any notification if there's a message, I'm getting nothing.

iPhone double notification for Facebook messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.