Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming email auto archiving

About a week ago my incoming email starting routing straight to the Archive folder. I do not have any rules / filters set to do this and cannot find any setting to correct the issue, suggestions? I have read about Gmail having similar issues but I'm using Yahoo email (the Yahoo website email homepage does not reflect this issue).

This is happening on a shared email account with an Iphone SE and a 6 Plus (iOS 13.3.1).

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 11:43 AM

7 replies

Mar 2, 2020 2:57 PM in response to Spareparts1980

Outlook is not the pre-installed email app on the iPhone. The iPhone's mail app is its own.

So let me see if I understand what you just said. Your email is in the inbox on the Yahoo web mail, but is in an archive folder on your iPhone? Is anything in the inbox of your mail on the iPhone? I'm making sure this is the mail app that you are using?

Mar 2, 2020 4:33 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes, that is the email app I’m using.

As far as my Inbox, I still have all of my previous mail but 99% of the activity stopped as of Tuesday of last week. It’s weird because I have gotten maybe 4 email in the inbox during that period but the Archive folder is receiving 15-20 per day.

Your description is correct, everything in in the Yahoo site inbox as it should be. My auto redirect issue is only on our iPhones.

Mar 2, 2020 7:14 PM in response to Spareparts1980

So is this mail that is going to your Archive folder mail that should be going to your Inbox? Do both of you use the exact same account that it is on both devices, and if so, have you checked the mail settings on both devices? I do know that Yahoo mail has been a problem off and on for the longest time. There are problems connecting to the mail servers, but there isn't anything that you can set on the iPhone to do filtering of mail from the inbox to the Archive folder.

I would say your best bet is to delete the mail account from both devices. Power cycle the phone, and then after it starts back up, add the account back the phone again and test. Do that on both devices.

Incoming email auto archiving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.