Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ghost Alarm on iPhone 11 Pro

How to eliminate ghost alarm which somehow came from older iphone in a process of migration.

There is no enabled alarm inside clock app, neither inside Bedtime, it just happens every morning at 7 AM. Also, ringing is acompanied with the small Alarm icon, not as standard alarm. No dismiss or snoose button.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 3, 2020 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2020 6:11 AM

There is obviously some app on your phone that is setting off a alarm at 7am. There is really no fast way of figuring it out. Go to Settings>Notifications and check everything that is allowing audible notifications. Pay special attention to any alarm, clock, calendar or reminder apps.

Similar questions

36 replies

Dec 8, 2020 9:11 AM in response to Ania1010

Ania1010 wrote:

What other "troubleshooting" must I do? I have already done everything besides resetting my phone.

Did you try deleting and re-adding apps as I suggested? If that doesn't work, yes, the next step would be restoring your phone from a back up.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Who is that "vast" majority you are mentioned that this so called solution has worked for?

I never said that it worked for a "vast" majority. What I really said:

It has solved the issue for some people. I'm sorry to hear you're not one of them.

It is apparent that you do not actually want help but rather want to complain. You should do so where it is likely to do them most good:

Product Feedback - Apple

May 6, 2020 7:41 PM in response to Mattuly

I have the sample problem. I use iPhone 8plus with the lastest iOS. This bug is definitely coming from the Alarm App. If you set up an alarm and let it goes for a while. It will continue to go off even if you remove the alarm. I have tested it.

By the way, the Alarm app is not in the Notification area so we can not longer disable it either.

Jun 6, 2020 7:30 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

This is happening to my 90 yr old mom who is in assisted living and we can’t go help her due to no visitors aloud. She reset all settings but at 5am it went off again. Through FT I have checked alarms, bedtime, etc. Very concerned if we reset to factory settings, she won’t be able to reconfigure her phone back to where it was. Any other suggestions?

Jun 24, 2020 8:01 AM in response to Mattuly

This is just ridiculous. I have an iPhone 6s Plus. And my husband is also. They were both purses in the same order. Mine has this phantom alarm that comes on periodically waking me up. His does not. The only difference is he does not really update his iOS is soon as they come out. In fact he does not keep it up to date at all believing that new updates need to get the kinks out before he will download them. (He is an IT professional) As I read through these problems people are having I see that this flaw in the phone has carried on all the way through to the iPhone 11. Either it’s a flaw in the design or it’s someone messing with the breach they’ve been able to find enjoying their fun. Either way it is a real problem if Apple hasn’t been able to fix it through all these iterations.

Aug 13, 2020 2:01 AM in response to Mattuly

I had same issue with brand new iPhone 11 Pro - I suspect a hangover from the icloud backup of old phone - even though alarm had been switched off and then deleted altogether.

I eventually got rid of it by choosing the Reset All Settings option (under General\Reset)

There is no need to choose the Erase All Content option and the reset will saved my data and email, wifi settings etc

There was some post-reset work - but all relatively minor - e.g wallpaper, setting up Face ID etc and I was prompted for some permission the first time I used certain Apps.

But alarm gone!

MW

Sep 19, 2020 11:55 PM in response to Mattuly

Too bad! Just got new phone. Tried to set alarm clock. Redirect to some bullying ****. Alarm redirects to some BUllshit APP!!!!???!!?? I’m on call need to get a phone call in middle of night. Hello !!!!! I need a TELEPHONE!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU Apple!!! I WiLL LOSE this phone tomorrow! I will get landline so that I may have a telephone and turn this “device” to put it mildly

Oct 6, 2020 11:08 PM in response to Mattuly

My wife has the same issue on her iPhone 11 - an alarm goes off at 06:55 every morning. There is no alarm set and there are no other alarm apps installed on her phone. The notification disappears as soon as the phone is unlocked, and no option to snooze or silence is given. I have read about the possibility of ghost alarms due to a glitch, and suspect that this is the case here. Any solutions? Thanks

Ghost Alarm on iPhone 11 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.