Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot RECEIVE Live photo in text message.

I can take and send live photos. People send me live photo in texts but I receive them normal. All the settings seems to be correct. Why can't I receive a LIVE photo? Iphone 10

Posted on Mar 3, 2020 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 11:54 AM

Hi chickson,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to play Live photos when you receive them in a text message conversation. I would like to help.

When you receive a Live photo as a multimedia message, you should be able to see the live playback by tapping the photo in the conversation thread, then pressing and holding gently over the photo for it to become live. Is this what you are trying, but the photo does not play? When you look at the photo in the message thread, do you see the 'Live' icon in the top-left corner of the photo? Are Live photos failing to play back within every conversation thread, every contact, or just a specific conversation and specific contact?

Please try these steps, to see if it solves the behavior:

-Quit Messages: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

-Restart your device: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support.

-Update to the latest iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Keep me posted. Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2020 11:54 AM in response to chickson

Hi chickson,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to play Live photos when you receive them in a text message conversation. I would like to help.

When you receive a Live photo as a multimedia message, you should be able to see the live playback by tapping the photo in the conversation thread, then pressing and holding gently over the photo for it to become live. Is this what you are trying, but the photo does not play? When you look at the photo in the message thread, do you see the 'Live' icon in the top-left corner of the photo? Are Live photos failing to play back within every conversation thread, every contact, or just a specific conversation and specific contact?

Please try these steps, to see if it solves the behavior:

-Quit Messages: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

-Restart your device: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support.

-Update to the latest iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Keep me posted. Regards.

Cannot RECEIVE Live photo in text message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.