Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth headsets in Bootcamp on the MBP 16"

I recently set up Bootcamp on my 16" MacBook Pro, and I'm having trouble getting my Voyager 5200 Bluetooth headset to work.

The headset works fine with my iPhone, in macOS, and on a different Windows computer. However, in Bootcamp Windows is only recognizing the headset as a playback, and not a recording device. On the working computer, it says "Connected voice, music" and on in Bootcamp it just says "Connected music". When I look in at the Bluetooth drivers, Windows is only installing the Headphone profile.

For example, on the working Windows computer, there's these two drivers:

In Bootcamp:

I've re-paired the headset, re-installed the firmware on the headset, tried manually selecting the missing Hands-Free AG drivers, and reinstalling Bootcamp drivers from scratch.

Has anyone else seen something like this? My best guess is there's a bug in the Bootcamp Broadcom Bluetooth drivers, as the working computer uses a Cambridge Radio chipset.

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 3:36 PM

I'm having the same issue. Super frustrating. Running bootcamp on 2018 mac mini. Every bluetooth headset works in MacOS, but when using windows, they work as headphones but don't even show up as microphones.

I've tried AirPods, Sony 1000XM3, etc. None of them have worked.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2020 3:36 PM in response to Andrew_

I'm having the same issue. Super frustrating. Running bootcamp on 2018 mac mini. Every bluetooth headset works in MacOS, but when using windows, they work as headphones but don't even show up as microphones.

Mar 5, 2020 6:49 PM in response to ri77y

ri77y wrote:

OP is referring to a 2019 16-in MBP. Your reference is to a 2018 Mini, which is very different.

Interesting. I have AirPod Pros working on a 2018 13-in MBP in W10. I will check again. Can you run a SMC and NVRAM Reset and test?

Bluetooth headsets in Bootcamp on the MBP 16"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.