Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone X water damage

I dropped my IPhone X in the sink for a couple of seconds and now it won't turn on. It keeps overheating and is only a black screen with no light coming on. It's been in rice for 3 hours and nothing.

Should I bring it in or take it somewhere else? $720 is a lot of a phone thats meant to be water resistant.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 8:07 PM

I suggest that you stop using the phone. Placing it in rice will NOT resolve the issue and could potentially cause more problems due to additional debris entering the phone.

You should make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store and have them take a look and provide you with your options. Be prepared to potentially have either it repaired or replaced. If you did not elect to purchase an AppleCare+ plan, you will, most likely, bear the full cost for either.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2020 8:07 PM in response to leah1441

I suggest that you stop using the phone. Placing it in rice will NOT resolve the issue and could potentially cause more problems due to additional debris entering the phone.

You should make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store and have them take a look and provide you with your options. Be prepared to potentially have either it repaired or replaced. If you did not elect to purchase an AppleCare+ plan, you will, most likely, bear the full cost for either.

IPhone X water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.