Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iPhone 11 Pro Max water resistant?

Dropped my iphone pro 11 max in the bath and now it wont turn on. I put it in rice for 48 hours. I thought it's supposed to be water resistant, underwater for up to 30 minutes. It was only in there for about 2 minutes. Can i get a new phone under the warranty or anything, or do i need to pay for a new one? Or is there anything i can do to save it? Any techniques anyone suggests to get it to work after water damage?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 12:54 PM

Water Resistance for iPhone is tested in laboratory conditions. Water Resistant does NOT mean waterproof and water resistance can and usually does diminish over time. It's most unfortunate what happened with your phone, but Apple warranty does not cover damage caused by liquid damage. You'll either need to pay for an Out of Warranty replacement phone or if you purchased AppleCare+ a replacement phone for a much smaller deductible.

The prices are listed in this link --> iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 12:54 PM in response to lavenderbrown_

Water Resistance for iPhone is tested in laboratory conditions. Water Resistant does NOT mean waterproof and water resistance can and usually does diminish over time. It's most unfortunate what happened with your phone, but Apple warranty does not cover damage caused by liquid damage. You'll either need to pay for an Out of Warranty replacement phone or if you purchased AppleCare+ a replacement phone for a much smaller deductible.

The prices are listed in this link --> iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Mar 6, 2022 1:05 PM in response to lavenderbrown_

It doesn't say its waterproof. Apple has never said its waterproof. No iPhone ever made is waterproof. Water Resistant and Waterproof are two completely different things. So no, it is not false advertising.

Read this link --> About splash, water and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later – Apple Support (UK)

lavenderbrown_ wrote:

I just am confused as to why it says it is waterproof underwater for up to 30 minutes and it most definitely isn't. Isn't that false advertising or something??

Is iPhone 11 Pro Max water resistant?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.