Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2017 Flexgate Issue

Just curious, why Apple did not cover the service programme for MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)? #Flexgate

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 12:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 9:54 AM

I have exactly the same problem. It is completely unacceptable that Apple does not recognise the mistake and fixes the problem. With computers costing over 1500€ a better customer service is expected. Furthermore, having launched the Repair Program for 2016 models there is no reason why the program is not launched for 2017, if the problem remains!!!!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 9:54 AM in response to vasant112

I have exactly the same problem. It is completely unacceptable that Apple does not recognise the mistake and fixes the problem. With computers costing over 1500€ a better customer service is expected. Furthermore, having launched the Repair Program for 2016 models there is no reason why the program is not launched for 2017, if the problem remains!!!!

Apr 14, 2020 2:06 AM in response to kaz-k

I have spent hours writing emails and talking to Apple Staff on the phone and in person. Pointless. They seem to drag this one out to save a lot of money. After being an Apple Fan Boy since the first iPhone I am done with them by now. My 2017 Mac Book Pro had Flexgate issues after 15 months. Paid 690 Euros to replace the Display. Now the battery stopped charging. Pretty disappointing quality after all considering I paid 2489 € + 690 € and got a device that needs more and more investment to keep running. Ridiculous!

May 8, 2020 12:59 AM in response to francisca_vera

couldn't agree more! i am still patiently waiting for apple to take full responsibility for this fuck-up! considering there is thousands of 2017 mac books with the same issue, they are probably saving a ton of money simply by dragging this out as long as they possibly can... and hopefully in the near future come up with a repair program and money-back for everyone effected and who already took care / paid to fix this issue.

May 20, 2020 11:53 AM in response to kaz-k

Well, I have already submitted feedback to Apple. And I'm sure many people have as well.

These forum posts are useful as it helps others who have similar issue search for the underlying cause more easily. I originally had no idea why my screen suddenly went black, and after googling, I found out about the Flexgate issue because enough people complained about it online in various forms (forums, youtube, newpaper, etc). Photos, videos, and descriptions of other people's problems also helped me figure out that the screen works if one opens it less than 45 degrees.

Macbook Pro 2017 Flexgate Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.