Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot verify server identity

I am getting the ‘cannot verify server identity’ suddenly - seems to be on iPad and not iphone at present. My iPad and phone have been set up for ages with no recent changes. Any ideas on what I need to do. Ive tried the obvious - turn off - turn on again - to no avail.

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 12:54 PM

This error arises when the requested server name does not match the DNS name associated with the server, or with some other mismatch or issue with the digital certificate configured at the server. Which means the mail server you're trying to connect to is likely misconfigured. Or you're possibly misconfigured. Check with the mail provider, and confirm the mail server host name, and related details. These usually require some work at the mail server, though. (And it's quite possible for your different devices to be accessing different mail servers all responding to that same host name, and with one or more of that pool misconfigured.)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2020 12:54 PM in response to Nicol22

This error arises when the requested server name does not match the DNS name associated with the server, or with some other mismatch or issue with the digital certificate configured at the server. Which means the mail server you're trying to connect to is likely misconfigured. Or you're possibly misconfigured. Check with the mail provider, and confirm the mail server host name, and related details. These usually require some work at the mail server, though. (And it's quite possible for your different devices to be accessing different mail servers all responding to that same host name, and with one or more of that pool misconfigured.)

Cannot verify server identity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.