Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just 1 Apple ID every 90 days.

I recently bought a used iPhone to replace my old one. The data transfer from the old to the new seemed to go well until I tried to play my digital movies in the Apple TV app and play some purchased music in the music app. Rather than playing, I get a blocking notification that reads, "The device is already Associated with an Apple ID, You can download past purchases on the device with just one Apple ID every 90 Days." Can someone explain this to me? Is there a way to override it? Is the phone not entirely disassociated from the previous owner?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 7:01 AM

Click here and ask the iTunes Store staff for assistance. This restriction is part of the copyright protection on iTunes Store content and can't be removed from your end.

(179246)

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 5, 2020 7:42 AM in response to huh42

That usually means the content you tried to play was not purchased with the Apple ID currently associated with the iPhone, or you logged in to a different Apple ID after restoring the content.

If you had an Apple ID with wich you bought content and at some point changed it to the current one, this is one of the side effects.

In general it shouldn't have anything to do with the previous owner, since the associations get cleared, when the iPhone is correctly wiped, and you need to set it up again

Just 1 Apple ID every 90 days.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.