Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone XS 256 GB, which got wear and battery health status to 89% within 8 months

I am a fan of Apple I do have Iphone 7 plus with the same battery drain issue and got replaced the battery after paying 2000 rupees plus for taxes.

Now, I have Iphone XS 256 GB, which got wear and battery health status to 89% from the date of purchase (8 months) less than a year. If I have to pay again for 2000 rupees plus taxes for battery replacement is ridiculous for a consumer who trusted your quality of products.

I will take this to Apple support and diagnoise as usual, but what is the end result ? do i have to pay for the battery replacement if the battery need to be replaced? as you are aware all your mobile batteries has this wear issue going on.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2020 12:36 AM

How many charge cycles does it report?

A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge.

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2020 12:36 AM in response to jsankr

How many charge cycles does it report?

A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge.

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Mar 6, 2020 12:45 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Thank you William Kucharski.

but today, I logged a complaint with Apple Support and got the reply that, it is normal to have 89% battery health in 8 months timeline. But to replace the battery before warranty expires, I have to spend the same amount when the warranty expires.

Can you please help me to get the defective battery replaced within warrarnty under service coverage?

Mar 6, 2020 1:21 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

THis is the 2nd iPhone I am facing this battery wear issue. In my iphone 7plus, i have replaced the battery after paying the money for replacement after the warranty expired. that sooner.

I kept reading many articles the iPhone battery is not so reliable compared to other smartphone batteries. The wear status of battery is no so quick as it ages.

After paid 1700 usd for a iphone xs sucks for more to fix their faulty batteries - from the consumer point of view.

Mar 6, 2020 1:29 AM in response to jsankr

You are misunderstanding.

Battery wear is normal.

What you are seeing is not a defect, it is the way LI batteries work.

If you purchase an Android you will also see battery wear, though most Android phones don't have a "battery health" reading so you know what's going on, your battery life just suddenly drops through the floor.

It's standard for Lithium Ion battery technology.

How Stuff Works: How Lithium-ion Batteries Work

Mar 6, 2020 1:37 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

I have used android with battery health apps.

In any case, I dont come across to charge an android phone every night. At least 1. 5 days it will last with max usage. i do agree LiIo battery wears, but this is way high in iPhones. you wont believe it, my battery health status showed 98% after 4 days from the date of purchase.

Iphone XS 256 GB, which got wear and battery health status to 89% within 8 months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.