Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Connect login problem

Hi,

I can't seem to login to iTunes connect; I go here: https://itunesconnect.apple.com/login?module=PodcastsConnect&hostname=podcastsconnect.apple.com&targetUrl=%2Fmy-podcasts%2Fnew-feed&failUrl=%2Fmy-podcasts%2Fnew-feed

I enter my login details correctly and it asks me to accept the disclaimer which I do, then it brings me back to the login page again to begin this process over again. Can anyone explain why this is happening? I have a podcast and I want to get into my iTunes podcast page to manage a few things. Thanks.

Posted on Mar 6, 2020 4:27 AM

20 replies

Mar 6, 2020 4:30 AM in response to gibsong99

This is a recurrent bug which has affected a number of people. 'PeculiarFinds' posted this possible solution though I don't know how effective it is likely to be (and you may have done most of this already):

• Download the itunes app
  •    Open itunes app
  •    Mouse over "Account" on the top menu bar
  •    Click on "sign in."  If you are already signed in then sign out and click on the "sign in" to sign in again.
  •    It will take you to a login page.  Log in.
  •    It will tell you something to the affect that you are a new user and aren't able to use all services yet or something like that
  •    Follow the step by step prompts.  It will tell you something about a credit card but you don't have to enter one.  Just fill out your name and address and continue through the prompts.
  •    It will tell you that you can now log into all of apple services
  •    Open the podcasts screen in the itunes app
  •    On the menu on the right click on "submit podcast"
  •    It will take you to a login screen.  Log in
  •    It will ask you to accept terms of service.  Accept it.
  •    It will now take you to the podcast connect and you can submit your podcast.l
  •    If it doesn't work then go into the itunes app, click on "account" again, and select "authorizations-->authorize this computer" and go through that process and then try all of these steps again.

If this fails I would suggest reporting it Podcasts Support. Go to Podcaster Support and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

If that fails the next step is to contact Apple Support: Support

Don't present this as a podcasting problem - they don't handle those and will refer you to Podcasts Support (or give you an inaccurate answer judging by some people's experience). Present the problem as being the inability to access Podcasts Support. It's also been suggested that getting them to look at your Apple ID may clear matters.

Mar 9, 2020 6:22 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Here are Apple’s instructions if you need to move a show from one iTunes podcasts connect account to another - so you can check stats:

—————

Hi Rob, have these folks create an Apple ID to use in iTunes Store if they don’t have one. Then, have them contact us with their Podcast ID number on Resources and Help. 

http://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview

(Look for the link - contact us - lower right corner)

Our support folks will walk them through the process. They’ll need to temporarily put a code into their feed to demonstrate ownership. 

—————

Mar 8, 2020 9:24 PM in response to Bmercure

You need to log in via Safari at https://podcastsconnect.apple.com

But per approving the Terms of service for you Apple ID - it is best to do that via an iOS device when logging into your Apple ID.

I have not tried it with a new Apple ID - but you should also be able to do it from the Apps Store app in Catalina - once open - go to the lower left and click on your user - then click on View Information. You should be asked in that process to sign in to your Apple ID.

Mar 9, 2020 2:35 AM in response to Robert Walch

Just an update (but not much of one) - After my earlier posts and multiple attempts and conversations with advisors, I spent 90- minutes on the phone with a senior advisor yesterday. She was helpful but ultimately couldn't discover the issue with the redirect loop (she also used Apple's remote app to troubleshoot and see my screen). We think it may have to do with the fact that I also have an Apple developer account and perhaps there is some syncing issue (although I use the same credentials). I have a support ticket in for developers but not holding my breath. In the meantime, I have a new show to release so had to create a new ID to access Podcast Connect to submit it (I have a release date I need to push for). It will not be connected with my 11 other shows under my 'real' ID but I didn't have much choice.

Mar 9, 2020 3:33 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

You're right Roger. I'm sure it's not an easy move but not really important at the moment. Being that both IDs are mine it really doesn't hurt the underlying importance of a release schedule. In the meantime I will continue to see what can be done with my 'real ID' and keep the community updated should someone else fall into this redirect loop.

Mar 10, 2020 8:27 AM in response to gibsong99

This is an update should anyone have a similar issue. I'm back into podcast connect but I'm not 100% if my thoughts here reflect the solution. As I'd mentioned I was on with Apple support for a few hours over the weekend to no avail. One thing that was mentioned was my developer ID (the same as my Apple ID) might be causing the 'infinite loop' somehow. I was advised to put in a support ticket to the dev support team. I still haven't heard from them so I poked around my developer account for a bit. There was a message there that I needed to accept a new payment terms agreement - which I then did. Afterwards I tried my podcast connect again (on a whim) and the sign-in loop had disappeared.

Now I can't say with certainty that I fixed it, or if the problem was coincidentally cleared up at the same time, but if you're a developer with an Apple Dev account like I have, then check to see if you have any outstanding agreements to accept and then try to access podcast connect again.

iTunes Connect login problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.