Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use Photo Filters

I would like to apply my favorite filter to multiple photos. Can this be done in a batch mode? Also, on my iOS devices, I can scale back the filter using a slider bar. Why isn't the slider bar available on the Mac?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 6, 2020 1:27 PM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2020 2:21 PM in response to Kingbingo1

Please read the following user tip and restate your question/problem in detail: Writing an Effective Apple Support Communities Question - Apple Community.  

What filter are you referring to? If the filter is one of these

It's all or nothing to apply that filter or effect.

Or you can do essentially the same by applying the various adjustments which do have slider bars for them:

Mar 7, 2020 4:07 PM in response to Old Toad

Yes, I am talking about the Filters on your first screen. Yes, I am aware that it applies to the entire photo. Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier. I want to know if I can apply the Vivid filter for example, to more than one photo at a time.

I am aware of the adjustment sliders that are available in both iOS and MacOS Photos. What I'm talking about is the Filter slider that is available on the iPhone, so that I can tone down the effect of the filter. On the Mac, that slider is not shown. I would have to select Adjustments, then slide the different options rather than the single slider under Filters.

How to use Photo Filters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.