Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID and Passcode missing in Settings after IOS Update

Touch ID and Passcode has disappeared from Setting after update to IOS 13 on my iPhone SE. Now my fingerprint will not open iPhone. What can be done to restore Touch ID and Passcode option in Settings?

iPhone SE

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 12:43 AM

Please check your Screen Time Restrictions. Please do not relate everything to IOS update

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Settings > Passcode Changes [Allow]

Watch the GIF below

2 replies

Mar 7, 2020 3:34 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you Sir. This did solve my problem. But, I didn't even know about the Screen Time option in the Settings menu and therefore, did not restrict the Content & Privacy Restrictions. It must have been either the default position when the IOS update was installed or changed as a result of some other operation within the multitude of options in Settings menu. I did not specifically change that particular option within Content & Privacy Restriction. In any event, your suggestion worked and for that I'm happy. Also, I had to delete my fingerprints and redo them before the Touch ID would work properly.

Touch ID and Passcode missing in Settings after IOS Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.