Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crackling sound via bluetooth on Sony HT-RT3 sound bar speakers using 2013 MacBook Air

Hi All,

I have been facing a strange issue since last couple of months. I have a 2013 MacBook Air running Mac OS Catalina version 10.15. Whenever I connect my laptop with my Sony HT-RT3 home theatre system via bluetooth then I always get crackling sound while watching Netflix, Youtube or any other videos. This sound usually occurs when a new video starts or when any scene gets changed on the movie. I am not sure what could be the reason but this sound is so annoying that it really sucks like ****. I tried watching the same movies & videos via bluetooth using my iPhone XR with my same Sony HT-RT3 system but it didn't cause any such crackling sound.

I would really appreciate your help if anyone of you could suggest any solution to resolve this issue.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 10:55 AM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2020 7:30 AM in response to hardik0833

Hi there, hardik0833!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with the sound quality with your MacBook Air connected to your home theatre system. First, I would take a look at this article to Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference to be sure there is nothing interfering with the connection.

If there is no interference, I recommend taking a look at this article with steps to follow to Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, test to see if you have the same issue.

Also, check out this article with steps for How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac to create a new user and test the issue in the new account to see if the issue is user specific or system wide. 

Let me know the results and have a great day!

Crackling sound via bluetooth on Sony HT-RT3 sound bar speakers using 2013 MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.