Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Haptic and sound not working iphone 8

Last night, all of sudden my haptic did not work. Because it was a little after midnight i decided to check it this morning. Tried the advice to switch off the haptic and restart, then switch the haptic back on.. still no use.. and i just realised that my phone does not ring anymore, does not have any sound at all.. wether for notification, or even for any app such as youtube. The silent button is still working, but my volume buttons are not. Tried to change the volume in control center but it does not work too.. i set the ios update to automatic all of this time, so i dont know if this is the cause of the ios 13.3.1 update or not.. please help me.. thank you

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 3:04 AM

You’re right, that’s the only choice i have right now.. although not like in the US, where i am now its not too easy to find the official stores. Hope everything will be solved when i get there. Thanks for helping me axel.. good night :)

ps : i pushed the wrong button, it said solved :D

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2020 3:04 AM in response to Axel Foley

You’re right, that’s the only choice i have right now.. although not like in the US, where i am now its not too easy to find the official stores. Hope everything will be solved when i get there. Thanks for helping me axel.. good night :)

ps : i pushed the wrong button, it said solved :D

Mar 8, 2020 1:01 AM in response to d1na

Your iPhone is an iPhone 8 so it will use the following procedure-

Force restart iPhone X and later, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button. (Do not release until you see the Apple Logo after it restarts)
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Axel F.

Mar 8, 2020 12:15 AM in response to Axel Foley

Hi axel, thanks for replying. I have tried your advice, unfortunately it does not have any effect. However i noticed that though the volume button not responding, but it still responded when i pressed it together with the power button to force restart. So i guess the problem is not in the hardware, but probably in software. One more thing, after the phone had been restarted, the wifi button is always greyed, and could not be turned on. It lasted for a few minutes. I could not afford to do factory reset now, because i have too many important data inside my phone, at least until few months ahead.

Mar 8, 2020 12:46 AM in response to d1na

Just confirming that when you Force ReStarted your iPhone then you pushed and held the Power Button (Right Side) and the Volume Down button (Left Side) simultaneously UNTIL the Apple Logo showed up, correct?

The reason I ask is because sometimes people tend to see the Slide to Power Off option and they actually slide it. If this was done then the iPhone just powers OFF and then ON. I hope that when you performed the Force ReStart then you ignored the Slide to Power OFF option and continued to press and hold the buttons till you saw the Apple Logo. Takes up 20 to 40 seconds of continuous buttons press and hold.

Axel F.

Mar 8, 2020 12:57 AM in response to Axel Foley

Hi axel, i can’t press it more than 5 seconds because it automatically calling the emergency number.. the red button with the SOS thing.. when i force restart the count down in the red button started. When the timer ended, my phone called the police number. Is there another way to force restart it?

Mar 26, 2020 3:02 AM in response to Kieranaus

Glad to hear there is someone who has the same issue as me, i have not been able to check my phone in Apple store because of this pandemic and we have to stay at home. Currently i’ve switch to my old iphone 6s, hopefully it will still be able to function well in this time of crisis. Let me know if your phone is fixed and how to fix it.. thanks kieranaus

Haptic and sound not working iphone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.