Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the contact photos in the Messages menu?

While looking at the iOS 13 overview page, which, by the way, is awesome, I saw a picture of the main Messages screen, with contact photos/Memoji next to each message. On my screen, it’s not showing those. Does this just depend on your model of iPhone? I have the latest iOS.

For this to make more sense, I’ve attached a screenshot of the page I was looking at.

Posted on Mar 9, 2020 3:39 PM

5 replies

Mar 10, 2020 7:26 AM in response to jeremyw013

Add a photo for a contact on iCloud.com

You can add or change a photo for a contact. The photo appears on every device that has iCloud Contacts turned on, and in all apps that share your iCloud Contacts information. You can change the photo at any time.

1. In Contacts on iCloud.com, select a contact.
  2. Double-click the photo or the people icon next to the contact’s name.
  3. Click Choose Photo, then follow the onscreen instructions. You can also drag a photo to the photo field.
  4. To resize the photo, drag the slider below the photo.

You can also add a photo when you add a new contact.

For information about photo file types and size limits, see the Apple Support article Limits for iCloud Contacts, Calendars, Reminders and Bookmarks.

Where are the contact photos in the Messages menu?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.