Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact images in iMessage or gone ios15

there used to be an option in settings for messages to show contact images in iMessage. Now that option is gone and I don’t see my contact profile image in iMessage anymore.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 3:42 PM

Greetings, Siavash_b.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're no longer seeing the option to enable "Show Contact Photos" in Settings on your iPhone, and we'd be delighted to offer some suggestions that may help.

It appears you may have your display set to Zoomed. If you go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Display Zoom/View and change it to Standard, do you see the option to enable "Show Contact Photos" appear on the screen you showed us?

This article will help:

Magnify the iPhone screen with Display Zoom - Apple Support

All Our Best.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 3:42 PM in response to Siavash_b

Greetings, Siavash_b.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're no longer seeing the option to enable "Show Contact Photos" in Settings on your iPhone, and we'd be delighted to offer some suggestions that may help.

It appears you may have your display set to Zoomed. If you go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Display Zoom/View and change it to Standard, do you see the option to enable "Show Contact Photos" appear on the screen you showed us?

This article will help:

Magnify the iPhone screen with Display Zoom - Apple Support

All Our Best.

Dec 12, 2021 5:09 PM in response to Siavash_b

Siavash,

You're very welcome! We're glad that changing the Display Zoom back to Standard was able to bring your contact photos back to Messages. That feature can be essential when you need to quickly glance at a message to confirm the sender.

Regarding your suggestions, have you seen the Product Feedback portal? It's a great way to get your ideas about improving the interface to the right people.

Cheers!

Dec 12, 2021 3:18 PM in response to Ali_E1

I thought I had already changed it back to standard, but I didn't realize there was a "SET" button I need to press to save the setting because most of apple settings just update on-press and dont require hitting a save button. I was a actually wondering why everything looks broken even though I switch off zoomed. I though it was a bug with iOS15 lol.

I'd like to give the feed back that this ux flow is inconsistent with the rest of Settings. If the "Set" button is needed for a technical reason, I would add a "Your settings have not been saved,...." dialog message if user hits back without saving.

Also in the messages settings when display is zoomed, I would still show the contact images option BUT greyed out, with a little explanation. I'm an app developer and if this confused me, I bet it's confusing the **** out of non-techies.

Cheers and Thank you

Contact images in iMessage or gone ios15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.