Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in People Album

I have special Photos in my Photo Album on my MacBook Air and on my iPhone XR. They are not syncing. I put one on the computer and it does not go to the phone. I have to search and search for a different photo that it will take from the phone maybe. One I put on a lot of times just deletes itself on one or the other devices.. At other times it will select a photo I have not selected. Why are they not syncing? I don't want them to bring up old photos of the person they choose. I want the one I have selected. Is there a fix for this? Not sure what category to choose for this question since it is with the MacBook Air and the iPhoneXR not getting the same photo I want.

Posted on Mar 9, 2020 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 8:18 AM

Kathy Kollar wrote:

My version on Mac is 10.15.
I have my photos in iCloud Photos

Did you update to the most recent macOS 10.15.3? If not, try that.

iCloud Photos should be syncing all photos, also the named faces, between macOS 10.15.3 and 13.3.,

provided, you are not running out of cloud storage.

What does the status line below the All Photos View show on your mac? Is it still saying "Uploading"? Does it show "items on this Mac only"?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2020 8:18 AM in response to Kathy Kollar

Kathy Kollar wrote:

My version on Mac is 10.15.
I have my photos in iCloud Photos

Did you update to the most recent macOS 10.15.3? If not, try that.

iCloud Photos should be syncing all photos, also the named faces, between macOS 10.15.3 and 13.3.,

provided, you are not running out of cloud storage.

What does the status line below the All Photos View show on your mac? Is it still saying "Uploading"? Does it show "items on this Mac only"?

Mar 10, 2020 5:56 PM in response to léonie

Yes, I have the latest update on my Mac as mentioned above. No idea why when I enter a photo by the computer it does not go to phone. On a couple of occasions it went to the phone but the next day it was missing or someone else was missing. If I found another photo and put it on the phone then I have 2 images on the computer in order to get one on the phone. Very complicated. Should be so easy.

Photos in People Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.