Apple Intelligence is now available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY IPHONE 8PLUS SCREEN IS STUCK ON BLACK!!!!!

I dropped my phone in a puddle last night and my screen was already cracked before hand so I suspect water damage caused this but the phone still works meaning it gets phone calls through and it vibrates when thumb is placed on button for scan but the screen is black and won’t turn on at all. Please help !!!( I put in in rice all night and then I left it on charge but it’s clearly fully charged as it still vibrates and calls work)

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 12:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 1:04 PM

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

Do this ASAP before more damage renders the phone useless. Do not connect it to a charger.

1 reply

MY IPHONE 8PLUS SCREEN IS STUCK ON BLACK!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.