You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 7 doesn't respond when I touch the screen.

My iPhone 7 just randomly stopped work as when I press the screen nothing happens, I can't unlock it with my pin, or call anyone or even power off because I can't slide the power off. About a month ago, I did hit it quite hard into a fence, which left it with a big crack on both the screen and screen protector in the bottom left of the phone, and a patch on the right of my phone where nothing is displayed and it is just black. Soon after that I also dropped my phone into water, but after leaving it in rice overnight it seemed to work fine. Both of these incidents happened over a month ago and haven't affected my phone since but my phone being unresponsive happened just a day or two ago. Does anyone know what is happening and/or how to fix it.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on May 18, 2023 11:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2023 12:00 AM

If your screen is black or frozen

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
  4. If your phone doesn't turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone.

More items...

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support (IN)

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 19, 2023 12:00 AM in response to tedkenyatta

If your screen is black or frozen

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
  4. If your phone doesn't turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone.

More items...

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support (IN)

My iPhone 7 doesn't respond when I touch the screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.