Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I pair earpods to apple tv

how do I pair earpods to apple tv. I set them on top of the Apple TV unit both in and out of the charger but nothing shows on the screen.

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 3:12 PM

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/tv/atvbbf148994/tvos

you must have an Apple TV HD or 4K model though!

4 replies

Mar 11, 2020 1:24 PM in response to rkaufmann87

My Apple TV model is A1842. I find no indication that it may or may not be HD. I know it is not 4k. I even paired my AirPods via Bluetooth with my TV through a gadget called MEE Audio Connect. I use MEE to connect with Bose headphones. Always works. Although the initial AirPod connection succeeded, every time I turn off and on, the AirPods insist on connecting to my iPhone and not MEE, even when the phone is turned off. This is another TV failure for AirPod. Without solutions to these issues, I will be returning these devices.

Mar 13, 2020 6:43 PM in response to rkaufmann87

The link provided shows that I have a 4k Apple TV (model A1842). It does NOT link to my new AirPods. Is there a way to force this. They did auto-link to iPad & iPhone. I thought perhaps there was a limit of 2 Apple devices to which the AirPods could connect so I went to “forget this device” on iPad...BUT the warning that all iCloud devices would be disabled or disconnected from AirPod caused me to cease that operation.

how do I pair earpods to apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.