Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download iMovie to MacBook Pro

I'm trying to download iMovie to my MacBook Pro, I have updated to Catalina so that's not the problem. In the app store I click on 'get' then on 'install' it circles for one second and then changes back to 'get'. Why can't I download iMovie??

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 9:37 PM

3 replies

Mar 12, 2020 9:51 AM in response to VKimble

Hey there VKimble,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues downloading iMovie to your Mac. I’ll be happy to help with this.

If you haven’t already, restart your Mac and try downloading once more:

How to turn your Mac on or off

You may also want to check your Mac storage just to be sure you have plenty of space:

How to free up storage space on your Mac

If that doesn’t help, see if this occurs in safe boot or a new user account to isolate and possibly resolve this issue:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know if this helps.

Mar 12, 2020 1:21 PM in response to VKimble

Can you provide us with the exact steps that you are using to try to download iMovie? Are you trying to download it from the general app store collection of apps, or are you trying to update it from your purchases folder that displays when you click on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar? Do you have, or have you ever had, iMovie 10 on your Mac?

-- Rich

Can't download iMovie to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.