Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get a hashtag symbol on iPad Pro keyboard

Hi folks, found one answer for this that doesn’t work for me (the answer was change to a US keyboard).

That’s not acceptable for me - so does anyone know how to get the hashtag symbol that’s printed as a third symbol in the iPad Pro keyboard on the same key as the number 3 and the £ symbol (which we get pressing shift). It must be a combo key but it didn’t come up in google searches for hashtag and iPad Pro keyboard.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 12, 2020 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2020 6:16 AM

scoob1 wrote:

does anyone know how to get the hashtag symbol that’s printed as a third symbol in the iPad Pro keyboard on the same key as the number 3 and the £ symbol (which we get pressing shift). It must be a combo key

When you see a 3rd character printed on a key, the "combo" is always Option. So Option 3 should give you # (as long as your hardware keyboard layout is set to British).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2020 6:16 AM in response to scoob1

scoob1 wrote:

does anyone know how to get the hashtag symbol that’s printed as a third symbol in the iPad Pro keyboard on the same key as the number 3 and the £ symbol (which we get pressing shift). It must be a combo key

When you see a 3rd character printed on a key, the "combo" is always Option. So Option 3 should give you # (as long as your hardware keyboard layout is set to British).

Mar 12, 2020 8:41 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks - that just made me test something - I can do that here ...### but when I’m running VMWare Horizon (remote desktop for work), which ironically is the only places I ever need the symbol, it doesn’t work.

So that proves that I need to find out what remote desktop’ing in to Windows does to mu IPad Pro smart keyboard .... I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a way

I assume it’s all down to working in a virtualised Windows env where the option key does something different

How to get a hashtag symbol on iPad Pro keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.