Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Captive portal Certificate?

This keeps popping up driving me crazy. What can I do about it. I went into settings tried to find a profile. It doesn’t exist. 🤷‍♂️

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 13, 2020 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2020 9:47 AM

Hello Shipswright,

I understand you are receiving a certificate alerts about a captive portal on your iPhone and haven't been able to figure out how to prevent them from appearing. I'm happy to help you out with this.

Are you attempting to connect to a specific Wi-Fi router, or go to a specific website when this happens? Do you have any Nokia apps downloaded on your iPhone, or do you remember this issue occurring after downloading any other specific app? I recommend restarting your iPhone if you haven't done so already: Restart your iPhone. It would help to also make sure your iPhone iOS is fully updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you remember this occurring after downloading a specific app, delete that app to see if the issue persists.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2020 9:47 AM in response to Shipswright

Hello Shipswright,

I understand you are receiving a certificate alerts about a captive portal on your iPhone and haven't been able to figure out how to prevent them from appearing. I'm happy to help you out with this.

Are you attempting to connect to a specific Wi-Fi router, or go to a specific website when this happens? Do you have any Nokia apps downloaded on your iPhone, or do you remember this issue occurring after downloading any other specific app? I recommend restarting your iPhone if you haven't done so already: Restart your iPhone. It would help to also make sure your iPhone iOS is fully updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you remember this occurring after downloading a specific app, delete that app to see if the issue persists.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Captive portal Certificate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.