Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block minecraft using Screen Time

Is there any way to use Screen Time to block / restrict Minecraft? The minecraft launcher can be limited, but the application then runs in a standalone instance of Java which I can't find any way to restrict.

The minimum setting for any limits is always 1 minute, so I don't seem to be able to block the use of the launcher for the 15 seconds or so it require to launch Java. Perhaps there is a way to do it in screen time, or perhaps there is a clever alternative way to limit the use of Java on an account? Happy to block Java permanently on a single account if that is possible

David

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 14, 2020 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 4:04 PM

If it helps anyone else I think I have managed this by changing the permissions on the Minecraft application within Finder. I had to log in as an admin, then right click on the application, Get Info. In the permissions section I changed Everyone to No Access, then added specific users who should have access to the application.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2020 4:04 PM in response to khaosproductions

If it helps anyone else I think I have managed this by changing the permissions on the Minecraft application within Finder. I had to log in as an admin, then right click on the application, Get Info. In the permissions section I changed Everyone to No Access, then added specific users who should have access to the application.

Block minecraft using Screen Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.