Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fujifilm x100V RAF Raw files on Photos

Hi,

Does anyone know if MacOS Photos app will support the uncompressed RAF RAW image files produced by the just released Fujifilm X100V?

When I import uncompressed raw images to photos from the memory card, they show up as little white squares.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 15, 2020 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 11:17 AM

It will depend on how quickly Fuji provides the necessary info to Apple for inclusion in the next available system update. In the meantime you can upload the files to a folder on the Desktop and use Adobe's Digital Negative Converter on them until the Mac OSX is updated. Photos does support the Adobe DNG format.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2020 11:17 AM in response to Tim Fitzsimons

It will depend on how quickly Fuji provides the necessary info to Apple for inclusion in the next available system update. In the meantime you can upload the files to a folder on the Desktop and use Adobe's Digital Negative Converter on them until the Mac OSX is updated. Photos does support the Adobe DNG format.

Mar 15, 2020 9:28 PM in response to Tim Fitzsimons

We here are just users trying to help each other (except a few people Apple appoints to keep order and supply canned answers). We don't know if or when Fuji will tell Apple the exact format of RAF raw images from the X100V, how long it will take Apple to translate that into Mac code, or when the next system will be released after that to carry the updated camera support.

All that said, eventually that will probably happen, but it is not guaranteed, and we cannot predict when.

Mar 16, 2020 10:06 AM in response to Tim Fitzsimons

Thanks, that's what I hoped. I see on the list of supported Raw files that the previous versions of the camera are listed. I was hoping an Apple engineer might see this post and be able to say when support for the new camera would drop. I want to know if I should assume like in a month or a year, would impact how I shoot and which files I save

Fujifilm x100V RAF Raw files on Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.