Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv 4k is causing my internet to be really slow

got a new apple tv 4k 64gb recently and on connecting it to the internet it works fine but it chokes my entire internet connection, before i turn on apple tv the speed it 500-600mbps over wifi and on connecting my speed on other devices reduces to 5-6Mbps. i have a 1000mbps connection and xfinity is not able to figure out this issue as clearly the internet works before turning on apple tv. also content on apple tv plays perfectly fine

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Mar 17, 2020 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 1:14 AM

Does this issue also happen when the Apple TV is idle on the Home Screen? Or only when streaming?

Have you tried resetting the router/modem since this began happening?

Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support

3 replies

Mar 18, 2020 4:01 AM in response to lazyboy4

lazyboy4 Said:

apple tv 4k is causing my internet to be really slow:[...] i have a 1000mbps connection and xfinity is not able to figure out this issue as clearly the internet works before turning on apple tv. also content on apple tv plays perfectly fine

———-

Internet Services are a Bit Slow for Many:

With all this stuff going on out there with the Coronavirus, Apple’s servers are a bit slow, as network traffic is assuredly pushed to overhaul. Many people are at home performing these downloads. So that is why it is slow for many out there — data consumption is hot. That’s the feedback Xfinity gave me, on their own part.

apple tv 4k is causing my internet to be really slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.