Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 8 plus keep restarting/boot loop

Hi, there is something wrong with my iPhone. It shut down suddenly when I was using and then black screen-apple logo-black screen-apple logo, it repeats like this. And I took a video of this problem.https://youtu.be/Rhb6CcXtgAc

I tried to use restore mode/DFU mode to restore/update but it shows error 4013. I really don't know how to solve it. I think maybe its hardware issue?

Could anyone help me with that

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 5:02 AM

Hello,

See these steps:

To fix iPhone error 4013, follow these steps, in this order:

1. Install the Latest Version of iTunes. ... 
  2. Force Restart the Device. ... 
  3. Connect the Device to iTunes and Update. ... 
  4. Check for Updates on Your Mac or PC. ... 
  5. Try a Different USB Cable. ... 
  6. Try Restoring Using a Different Computer. ... 

Also see:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2020 5:02 AM in response to mm215

Hello,

See these steps:

To fix iPhone error 4013, follow these steps, in this order:

1. Install the Latest Version of iTunes. ... 
  2. Force Restart the Device. ... 
  3. Connect the Device to iTunes and Update. ... 
  4. Check for Updates on Your Mac or PC. ... 
  5. Try a Different USB Cable. ... 
  6. Try Restoring Using a Different Computer. ... 

Also see:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Good luck.

Mar 18, 2020 9:01 AM in response to mm215

i had the same problem, brought it into a service provider (Best Buy) to have the battery replaced as it showed that it was deteriorated. He told me that it may solve the problem but because my phone is dying and restarting while sufficient battery power, it is most likely the motherboard. The new battery did unfortunately nothing to solve this and as i need a reliable phone in this crazy time, i bought a new one. Not an expense i had planned on making.

iphone 8 plus keep restarting/boot loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.