Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone xs water damage

I had ran my phone under a little water and soap to clean it I made sure to avoid the charging port, I then left it out of its case for about an hour to make sure it was dry. When I went to go put it back in its case I saw that there was some water inside the back camera. I saw it was almost died so I tried to charge it and it didn't work. I tried a different outlet and charging cord and still nothing. I dropped my phone in a creek a several months ago and every thing was fine and normal and that was defiantly more water than this.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 4:38 PM

The iPhone is water resistant, but you really should not do it on purpose. It may survive it but if water gets it it will most likely die.

You should never put it under running water(or in any kind of body of water), it does not make it cleaner and its high risk.

Here is how apple recommends cleaning your iPhone:

Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support

More about the water resistance of iPhones

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2020 4:38 PM in response to graceandco

The iPhone is water resistant, but you really should not do it on purpose. It may survive it but if water gets it it will most likely die.

You should never put it under running water(or in any kind of body of water), it does not make it cleaner and its high risk.

Here is how apple recommends cleaning your iPhone:

Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support

More about the water resistance of iPhones

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Iphone xs water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.