Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Undeletable photos.

I was going through my photos and I discovered duplicates of my photos that I can't delete. I have sync off on my iTunes and they aren't backed up on iCloud. It is possible that my computer did sync them and I turned it off but I don't recall doing that. How can I get them off my phone?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 10:08 AM

Before you try to delete the photos, make sure, that you have saved all iPhone photos , that are important to you, on a computer.

To remove synced Photos you can sync the iPhone with iTunes with "Sync Photos" enabled, but select an empty folder for syncing. This will remove all synced photos at once.

Or enable iCloud Photos just temporary. iCloud Photos is incompatible with iTunes syncing, so turning it on will delete all synced photos. Disable iCloud Photos again, immediately after the synced photos have been removed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2020 10:08 AM in response to Forestbewithyou26

Before you try to delete the photos, make sure, that you have saved all iPhone photos , that are important to you, on a computer.

To remove synced Photos you can sync the iPhone with iTunes with "Sync Photos" enabled, but select an empty folder for syncing. This will remove all synced photos at once.

Or enable iCloud Photos just temporary. iCloud Photos is incompatible with iTunes syncing, so turning it on will delete all synced photos. Disable iCloud Photos again, immediately after the synced photos have been removed.

Undeletable photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.