Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air microphone is not working. I can hear them. But, they can't hear me speaking.

I purchased a new MacBook Air 2 days ago. I have downloaded a CITRIX application so that I can work from home. But, during my 1st TEAMS meeting with the application of the same name, the team could not hear me. Most of the tutorials direct me to go to Sound and make an adjustment. However, the only thing I see when I go to the input tab is "MacBook Air Microphone." The online fixes direct me to look for the words "Internal microphone". I did see the the sound go up and down when I spoke, but, the team could not hear me and I know I was not on mute. Does anyone have a suggestion?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 11:46 AM

1 reply

Mar 20, 2020 9:47 AM in response to ignacio5000

Hello ignacio5000,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble using your Mic with a third party program. I’m happy to help.

I suggest making sure you’ve given permission to the app:

Control access to your microphone on Mac - Apple Support

Should the issue persist, you’ll want to contact Citrix for further troubleshooting steps.

Take care.

MacBook Air microphone is not working. I can hear them. But, they can't hear me speaking.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.