Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching cellular plan from old iPad to a new iPad

Hello,

I currently have an iPad Air 2 that has a cellular plan. I am thinking of buying the new iPad Pro, but I was wondering if I could switch my cellular plan from the old iPad Air 2 to the new iPad Pro. If so, what is the process of making this change? Do I need to buy the iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular or can I just buy the iPad Pro with Wi-Fi and change the cellular plan to the new iPad Pro? Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information. Thank you very much for your help.

Best,

Arch

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 1:30 PM

3 replies

Apr 22, 2020 7:27 AM in response to babowa

Hello! I have question. I bouhgt ipad pro cellular 11 inch 2018 months ago. Now I have my sim card and when I put it in my iPad I dont have an internet connection with sim card (data) like I have when I put this same sim card in my phone. Does anybody know if iPad can even have internet connection with sim card and how to fix it if can! Please help!!

Switching cellular plan from old iPad to a new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.