Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Lync Web App

My employer often uses Skype for Business to conduct meetings. I recently bought a new iMac, though I'm having difficulty logging into the meetings.

I will typically click the "Join Skype Meeting" which will launch a Safari page asking me to join the meeting though the Lync Web App. I will click Join the Meeting, and will download the plug in, however nothing happens (it appears that the plug in isn't recognized or something). Ive tried this multiple times, with no effect.

Can anyone provide a suggestion? I feel that this may be related to some Safari settings, though I can't quite figure it out.

Safari: 13.0.5

Thanks in advance,

Chris

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 2:01 PM

If that Lync plug-in/extension was created prior to December 2018, and intended for Mac as a Safari extension, then it is no longer compatible with Safari 13.0.5, because Apple changed the extension architecture, and has moved away from other plug-ins.

If you have Skype for Business, does that not allow you to join an existing Skype for Business meeting — without needing any browser functionality at all?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2020 2:01 PM in response to Dr.GERD

If that Lync plug-in/extension was created prior to December 2018, and intended for Mac as a Safari extension, then it is no longer compatible with Safari 13.0.5, because Apple changed the extension architecture, and has moved away from other plug-ins.

If you have Skype for Business, does that not allow you to join an existing Skype for Business meeting — without needing any browser functionality at all?

Microsoft Lync Web App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.