Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and iMessage Accounts are different

How can I sync the two accounts? I'm not sure why my iCloud and iMessages accounts are different. Can I reset my iMessages?

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 9:53 AM

Hey there peters613,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have some concerns about your iCloud and iMessage accounts. I’ll be happy to help with this.

An Apple ID is used for both iMessage and iCloud. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Your Name and see what the Apple ID is at the top of the screen. From there, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see what Apple ID is signed in. If it’s the same, you’re signed into just one account and you don’t need to make any changes. This link has more info

Sign in with your Apple ID

It’s not possible to sync one iCloud account with another. If you go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and you are signed in with a different account, you can sign out of the incorrect account and back in with the correct one. It may depend on which account you want to use but if you want to use. 

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2020 9:53 AM in response to peters613

Hey there peters613,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have some concerns about your iCloud and iMessage accounts. I’ll be happy to help with this.

An Apple ID is used for both iMessage and iCloud. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Your Name and see what the Apple ID is at the top of the screen. From there, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see what Apple ID is signed in. If it’s the same, you’re signed into just one account and you don’t need to make any changes. This link has more info

Sign in with your Apple ID

It’s not possible to sync one iCloud account with another. If you go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and you are signed in with a different account, you can sign out of the incorrect account and back in with the correct one. It may depend on which account you want to use but if you want to use. 

Regards.

iCloud and iMessage Accounts are different

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.