Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync my iMessages with my iCloud account?

I have lost a lot of imessages suddenly. When I investigate I am told that my Icloud and iMessage accounts do not match. This has happened suddenly without any interference from me

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 9:45 AM

I have a new iphone and I am trying to make sure everything is backed up before I erase the old iphone. I get this message saying the accounts don’t match. I am not technically inclined. How do I make sure I don’t loose any messages? and sync the accounts? Appreciate any ideas.

21 replies

Nov 1, 2022 2:28 PM in response to Jadefish9

Hello Jadefish9, 

Thank you for posting your question to the Apple Support Communities. 

From what we understand, you have seen several messages disappear from the Messages app. If this was related to your iCloud account being disabled, you may be able to enable Messages in iCloud again in the Settings app. Please follow these steps to ensure that iMessage and Messages in iCloud are enabled: 

1. Go to Settings  > Messages, then turn on iMessage. 
  2. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, choose your phone number or email address that you would like to send and receive messages with.
  3. Go to Settings  > [your name] > iCloud, turn on Messages here. 

If all of these above are already enabled, please keep in mind that any messages you delete from your other Apple devices are also deleted from your iPhone when Messages in iCloud is turned on. 

We hope that this information helps you find a solution. 

Cheers!

How to sync my iMessages with my iCloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.