Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing for Disney plus app

My daughter subscribed to the Disney Plus app, I am the account holder, so I am paying 8.99/month but when I download the app on my phone, and try to log in, it says I dont have an account.

iPad mini, iOS 11

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 2:02 PM

If you are using Family sharing, you don’t need to sign in with your account. If she subscribed you are sharing her subscription. You should just be able to go into the app and start using it. That’s the way that the Apple TV + subscription works for my family.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2020 2:02 PM in response to MacMouse67

If you are using Family sharing, you don’t need to sign in with your account. If she subscribed you are sharing her subscription. You should just be able to go into the app and start using it. That’s the way that the Apple TV + subscription works for my family.

Mar 20, 2020 3:24 PM in response to MacMouse67

After I posted my reply, I tried to find more information about sharing the subscription. The only documentation that I could find online stated that subscriptions could be shared was this from November of 2019.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/616381-disney-plus-family-account-can-you-share

I went to the Disney + website and still couldn’t find anything about using Apple’s Family Sharing to use the subscription. The only thing I can confirm with my research is that the app can be shared, but that’s no big deal because basically the app is useless without the subscription. Anybody can download the Netflix app for free, but unless you have a subscription the app is useless.

I have a Netflix account and my family shares it, but I know that they have to sign in with my credentials in order to use it. Maybe the a Disney+ app will only work that way. I’m sorry that I didn’t do more research before I posted.

Mar 26, 2020 2:42 PM in response to Demo

When I did this with Netflix years ago it was possible to pay through my Apple ID, but convert the account to a regular login.

i wonder if and hope the same thing is possible with the Disney plus app as I prefer to keep subscriptions under my Apple ID wherever possible.

if not, it’ll be necessary to cancel the subscription and setup an account directly with Disney plus.

In this case, you will be able to share the password with your daughter (not generally a good idea, but in this case I think it’s fine).

notes

Apple won’t get a cut.

You won’t be able to save money by purchasing discounted iTunes/App Store credit.

It’s a tiny bit more tedious if you ever want to cancel.

Family Sharing for Disney plus app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.