Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable keyboard/text replacement in firefox

Hello, I would like to find out how to setup text replacements in FireFox

so that it is sourcing/replicate the input in macOS High Sierra (v 10.13.6) in Preferences - Keyboard - Text

This would help a lot with my productivity at work. I am not sure if there is a way to enable my text replacement shortcuts setup on my Mac to work in Firefox, or if there is some sort of Add-On that would achieve this.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 10:41 AM

For text replacement to work in Apple Applications, they use Edit menu : Substitution : √ Text Replacement. You will notice that this menu item is entirely missing from Firefox 74.0.1, and many other non-Apple applications. The Firefox development team would have to redesign Firefox with the ability to enable text replacement from Apple's System Preferences : Keyboard : Text panel — which it is currently lacking.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2020 10:41 AM in response to zanjabil

For text replacement to work in Apple Applications, they use Edit menu : Substitution : √ Text Replacement. You will notice that this menu item is entirely missing from Firefox 74.0.1, and many other non-Apple applications. The Firefox development team would have to redesign Firefox with the ability to enable text replacement from Apple's System Preferences : Keyboard : Text panel — which it is currently lacking.

How to enable keyboard/text replacement in firefox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.