Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay Thinks My iPhone 7 is an iPod (2020 Kia Soul)

Hi guys, I recently bought a Kia Soul 2020 LX and when I plug my phone in (iPhone 7) it just registers as an iPod thus negating the Apple CarPlay feature. Any ideas as to why? I tried activating Siri, but it did not work. Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 3:23 AM

I recommend that you take you car and your iPhone to the KIA dealership and have them examine the iPone 7 iOS 13 combination with the KIA display unit. The display unit of KIA may need an update (I am guessing here) and the dealer can updated it unless you know how to check for that from KIA's user's manual.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2020 3:23 AM in response to ROOOUUUU

I recommend that you take you car and your iPhone to the KIA dealership and have them examine the iPone 7 iOS 13 combination with the KIA display unit. The display unit of KIA may need an update (I am guessing here) and the dealer can updated it unless you know how to check for that from KIA's user's manual.

Axel F.

CarPlay Thinks My iPhone 7 is an iPod (2020 Kia Soul)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.