Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I separate photos in an email that I added as a batch from Photos?

How do I separate photos in an email that I added as a batch from Photos? I don't like them up against one another. Is the only way to add them one at a time? I'm on a MBP OS10.15.3.

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 2:48 PM

Locate the cursor jus after an image, then press Return key. This will add an empty line between photos.

Note that if the images are the full width of the email window, it is difficult to see that cursor as it’s right against the right edg e of the photo and is very thin.

If the total file size is too large, some email providers will not deliver it.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2020 2:48 PM in response to marc macapple

Locate the cursor jus after an image, then press Return key. This will add an empty line between photos.

Note that if the images are the full width of the email window, it is difficult to see that cursor as it’s right against the right edg e of the photo and is very thin.

If the total file size is too large, some email providers will not deliver it.

Mar 25, 2020 1:17 PM in response to markwmsn

No, this is how it works. I select several individual photos, send them to mail, and they appear with no space between them. I'm hoping there's a way to set Photos or Mail so that they have a space between each one, rather than running into each other. I can eventually separate them manually, but it seems to require remarkable finesse to click in exactly the right place next to each one, pressing 'return' to create an open line between each one.

How do I separate photos in an email that I added as a batch from Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.